|Aunt Beth, being fancy and awesome in the 70's|
You guys asked for it and here it is: Aunt Beth's homemade jam recipe. I found out it is actually my Deedee's homemade jam recipe, which, as it turns out, is actually my Grand-Deedee's homemade jam recipe. What I'm saying is this thing is 3 generations good.
When I asked Aunt Beth how to make the jam her response was, "Just mix your fruit, sugar, and butter together, then boil and add pectin." I asked her how much of each and she replied, "A lot." So, here is the recipe (we think) for a giant batch of blackberry wedding jam.
7 cups of Blackberry puree (or fruit of choice)
8 cups sugar
2 T butter
2 packets of Certo fruit pectin
1. To make the puree, heat the blackberries, then mash them through a sieve. If you like the seeds you may skip this part.
2. Bring the blackberry puree to a boil, then slowly add the sugar.
3. Bring the sugar and berries to a boil. As it begins to rise, remove it from the heat and drop in a "pat" of butter (we determined that a "pat" is about 2 tablespoons of butter).
4. Lastly, add your packets of Certo fruit pectin.
5. Can your jam. Watch this video for effective canning: click here
Everyone, repeat after me, "Thank you, Aunt Beth!!"