Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Oregon Trail (dysentery not included)


I'll trade these English beads for some of that fish you skillfully caught.  What's that, brother?  Ma has dysentery? Oh no!....Wait, what else?...we broke an axle, too??....Repeat, brother!  I can't read the text because I'm in 4th grade and don't know I need glasses!  And what part of the body is the axle in? ....What's that, brother? ....Are we going to have a proper burial or leave her while on the Oregon Trail?  Is this the fun game?

So, I learned a few things from The Oregon Trail.  One being that I needed glasses, two being that everyone used to die of dysentery, and 3 being that you can barter for just about anything.  I love to barter.  And it's a good thing.  My taste is too fancy for my pocket book.

If we still lived in the world of guilds, and Robert Smith was actually the blacksmith, I suppose I'd be Crystal Cheesecake.  I make cheesecakes.  And people give me money for them.  But tomorrow someone is giving me 3 dozen eggs from her farm for a 6" cheesecake.  And I am excited.

This leads me to my next question: What am I going to do with 3 dozen farm fresh eggs?  Well, I could eat them.  Or I could trade a dozen of them for another commodity.

So, I pose the question, is there anything you guys would like to trade for a dozen, organic, farm fresh eggs?  Please leave the item you'd like to trade in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment