Friday, April 15, 2011

Pretty Skin!!!














I want to dance with vanity and still have the gumption to stand when it's over.  And I want to have good skin doing it.  Unfortunately, my favorite products (i.e. the orange sugar exfoliant by Fresh) cost upward of $50.  I thank my mother, my grandmother, and my Aunt Patti for my expensive taste.  However, it can't be helped. My taste may be expensive, but who says you have to spend a fortune on goodness?


this is a portrait of Erzsebet Bathory, the Countess
    who bathed in the blood of young maidens to retain her youth. 
Little did she know she could have used a sugar scrub.
I love the Fresh products because they are comprised, primarily, of things I can buy at my neighborhood grocery.  But since I can buy the ingredients at my grocery then I should just make it myself, right?  And the answer is yes.  After a short trip to the grocery, all you'll need is a bowl, a spoon, and a pretty little air tight container that you love to open and close (I'll admit, I do love the sound the Fresh container makes when you close it--the glass is so thick that the sound it makes is most substantial and satisfying.  Do you know what I mean?)


Granted, my Fresh exfoliant that I love so has many more ingredients, so know we're not making the exact scrub.  But this exfoliant works like a charm.   Use it one to 2 times per week.




1 tablespoon cane sugar
2 teaspoons of oil (try olive, avocado, macadamia, sesame, jojoba, or coconut oil. you may have to try a couple before you find the right oil for your skin)
1 teaspoon of orange juice
Citrus zest
(the citrus is optional for those of us with dry skin.  If you do leave the citrus out, add another t of oil.  However, if your skin is extra dry, throw some oats and honey into the mix.  Wear it for 10 minutes--eat it if you'd like).


Wet your face with a warm cloth.  Gently message the face with your sugar scrub.  Let it sit for 4-5 minutes.  Then rinse and moisturize (I moisturize with olive oil).  Pretty skin!!!!  

1 comment:

Joanna said...

I already have everything to make this... I'm trying it when I get home :) Thanks!

Post a Comment